After attending Canada Day at Fort George Park, Carol Gass from The Wolf @97fm asked me if I would co-host with her! I was more than happy to agree. Yesterday morning I woke up at 5am and got ready quickly, because I was asked to arrive there at 6am. When I got there Carol greeted me and made me feel very comfortable. She showed me around and introduced me to everyone. At 6 o’clock, we began! The first thing she asked me to do was announce the weather for the week. I almost stumbled over my words because of nerves, but I managed to gather myself. After this, it got easier. Being on the air with Carol was more like having a regular conversation with her, and was actually really fun. She gave me the opportunity to talk about the pageant, explain what I’ve been doing, talk about my platform and thank my sponsors. She also did “10 Things We Didn’t Know About Kristie” where I regrettably had to admit my first kiss was in grade 6! The three hours I spent with Carol were very fun, and went by so fast! I learned more about public speaking and I think that it was very good practice for me. So, thank you to Carol, and The Wolf for having me!
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.