Yesterday, my family and I hosted my final Free the Children Fundraiser, a barbecue at our house. My Dad has a huge family, so we invited everyone and a few of our close friends. Guests started to arrive just before two in the afternoon, and it was so good to see everyone! I didn’t have very many activities planned for the day, but I think everyone enjoyed sitting in the shade and visiting. I also had a silent auction table set up with items that were donated to me from very generous companies, like Andre’s Audiotronics, Van Houtte, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Spruce Credit Union. The silent auction was very successful! My Dad spent the day standing by the barbecue flipping burgers, and my Mom and I were busy refilling drinks and putting out different salads. It was great to catch up with family members that I hadn’t seen in awhile, and I loved to see everyone else doing the same thing! Everyone was so generous with donations, and we couldn’t have had better weather. I also got to see my little cousin Avery. She lives out of town so I don’t see her very often, but has told me that she wants to be a princess just like me! I got Avery a little sash that says “Beauty Queen” and a matching crown as a surprise. She was so cute when I gave it to her, and didn’t take them off for the rest of the day! I had a fun day, and I think my family enjoyed the barbecue as well.
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.