I have a busy few weeks ahead of me! This week I will meet with the Community Policing Services about the “Pavement Princesses Run for Fun” program in Prince George. This program is designed to help girls between the ages of 10-15 live a healthy lifestyle. The twice a week sessions include speakers that begin by talking about current issues facing youth such as drugs, gangs, alcohol, abuse, and internet/texting awareness; after this the girls go into groups for a run. I am very excited about this volunteer experience and hope that I can be a positive role model! I will also be participating in the Arts and Culture Award Night, a local event where artists of the city are recognized and awarded. This event is held on April 27th, at the Prince George Playhouse. This sunday I will be volunteering with Books & Company for their “Earth Day Crafternoon”. The day will involve a craft, reading, and planting seeds with children. I am really looking forward to getting more involved in my community, and I will post more after each event!
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.